3.08.2009

Awesome Sewing Books!

Packaging plays a pretty large role in whether or not I purchase products. I think it says a lot about the product itself as well as the quality when a lot of care, attention, and detail goes into the design of the packaging itself. I just received these three sewing books that I had purchased online - it was pretty exciting, I'm not gonna lie. I have come to learn that you just can't go wrong with {Amy Butler} prints and patterns, but in terms of book design and packaging, no one does it better than {Chronicle Books}. The first is Amy Butler's {INSTITCHES}, the second is a box set of pattern cards by Amy Butler as well, called {Sew-It Kit}, and the third is a book by the wonderful Lotta Jansdotter called {Simple Sewing}. I can easily say that every project in these books are ones I want to work on. Now as far as the two Amy Butler sets go, I was at first slightly disappointing that I did not know most of the patterns overlapped and were in both. If I were to have to choose one, it would be the INSTITCHES, because it has additional patterns, but because the packaging of the box set is so wonderfully done, I will not be returning it. The design and typography are done so well! I am very impressed and equally inspired. Stay tuned to see what I am going to work on...first step...go to {The Cotton Ball} in Morro Bay, CA to pick fabrics!

1 comment: